Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Whirlwind Wednesday............

Okay, I'm back from Flo-Rida and had a great time!

With the thousands of people on the beach, I was able to run into DisCombobulated Beth!



Okay, back to me...... It's amazing how much you can drink and sweat out if you start early enough......

Well the St. Anthony's Triathlon went well for the team but not for Sandy........(sigh)

She went into the event a tad sick and was pulled from the water halfway through because of cramps and a panic attack. Needless to say, it wasn't much fun afterward watching people cycle and run....

I was able to get on the run course and run with my TNT walk coach and it was a death march out there because of the heat!

I had my usual fun time encouraging the runners to go faster and telling jokes, so it wasn't a total wash.

The other thing that I noticed about triathletes is how much they can drink! There must have been an unlimited amount of beer at the after-party???????

So now, it's back to normal until the weekend when I'll be headed to the Flying Pig to motivate some more folks.

Okay, time for a nap!

3 comments:

Evolving Through Running said...

So does drinking lead to triathlons, or triathlons lead to drinking? Either way, I think it's time I have triathlons a little more consideration.

Nice picture of you and Beth. Very cool when blogging worlds collide. I need to try to make that happen more often. Always seem to have a work conflict with blogger meet-ups.

B.o.B. said...

yay! welcome back to the blog land. and yes, the triathletes do enjoy their beer. or twelve. ha!

sooooo happy i got to see you! hope Sandy is feeling better.

Lindsay said...

sorry to hear about sandy's race! but glad they got her out of the water safely. hope the post race beer made up for all that. sounds like there was enough for you at least.

 
;