Monday, February 27, 2012

Ouch, Owies, WTF??????

Now I can probably diagnose and come up with a treatment for almost every running injury or ache. As a matter of fact, I've probably had most, if not all of them too!

But for the life of me other injuries drive me crazy............

A few weeks ago I tweaked my left shoulder doing dips. Who knew a tricep exercise could do this????

Rotator cuff, pulled muscle, bone cancer? I don't have clue but it wakes me in the middle of the night.

I've been trying to not do any upper body stuff, which is like trying not to breath............

Then doing damn Hollow Rocks and other assorted abdominal exercises, I think I strained an ab muscle! I don't even want a six-pack, unless it's on ice..... So does R.I.C.E. apply to abs?????

So since the abs are bothering me, why not have my groin on the left side flare up! Luckily, it only hurts when I run........ damnit!

With all of this, getting out of bed in the morning is a real chore. Talk about old man syndrome....

So, I can walk around all day in an ice body suit but I still need to maintain this great physique. What do I do????

I jump on the trainer and start watching Hulu......... My arse is killing me today.....

I've even resorted to the pool, damn kids hogging my lane......... I haven't been in a pool in years and it showed.....

So what is a guy to do, is there a drug for this??????




2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

it would be called going to the Chiropractor, RMT, and doctor...yes, doctor!

forget the drugs, get some real help and as a friend of mine once said to me...quiturbitc'n...LOL

xoxoxox
(from one old fart to another)

o2bhiking said...

It ain't easy getting old. I had that rotator cuff tear in 2007, a partial. It took a year or so to get more or less back to normal.

 
;