Saturday, October 17, 2009

Marathon Weekend

The weekend of the Detroit Free Press Marathon is always a blast! I so enjoy seeing folks that I haven't seen in a long time.

I went to the expo on Friday and was able to visit with DiscomBobulated Runner as she handed out 'Woman's Running' magazines. I hope to catch up with her again before the weekend is over. I also hoping to see Kim and Doug running through the streets of Detroit.

There will also be tons of other TNT folks to cheer for, so it's going to be a fun day in the Motor City.

I scheduled to lead the TNT folks on a 5K run and then jump into the 1/2 and full marathon for support. Even though I'm an unofficial coach, I'm so looking forward to being a part of it. Let's just hope that my STUPID left hamstring doesn't flare up. Stupid hamstring.......

Okay, more stuff to come....

6 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Sounds like fun - hope it was.

B.o.B. said...

Great to meet you in person Ken! I looked for you on Saturday. Hope you had a good time yesterday.

Lily on the Road said...

I'm so jealous, meeting bloggers, running the 5K, meeting bloggers,

what a great weekend from the sounds of it!

Coach Liz said...

It sounds like you were in for a good time. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Marlene said...

Hope you had a good time cheering (yelling?) at the race!

Kim said...

It was sooo fun to see you! What a great course. Great weather. Beautiful scenery. Great volunteers.

 
;