Monday, October 19, 2009

Bittersweet Sunday


It was a gorgeous morning to run in downtown Detroit and it's neighbor to the south Windsor, Ontario. Our annual event was marred with the deaths of three(3), that's right three male runners.

Prayers and thought go out to the family's of there individuals.

I'm not sure of why but an autopsy of each will be performed. I've already heard people that about doping of fluids and food! Who knows?????????

It was great to see bloggers out on the course or at the expo and I'm sorry I didn't have time to be a better host!

Kim, you looked great out there and Doug must have been flying!

All of the TNT folks did great and this old body is a little sore and achy(is that a word) but I had a great time.

Now I have to look forward to my upcoming season and the chance to get some newbies across that finish line.....

8 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

excuse me? doping?? and yes, an autopsy is usually performed under "odd" circumstances ...how very sad for the families...

on an up note,

so glad you had fun and got to meet some of those from the blogging world.

Marlene said...

I'm loving the hat, Ken! looks like you were having fun out there.

Very sad to hear of the deaths... and doping accusations?!

Jess said...

I read about the deaths. It's unfortunate.

Glad you had a good time!

Kim said...

Whoot! Whoot! We had a great time.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sad to hear about those deaths, but I'm shocked to hear about the doping too! Hey! I ran with a ton of TNT runners this weekend for Nike Women's! The coaches seemed very supportive and awesome along the race course! I thought about you when I saw them all!

o2bhiking said...

I read about that today in the paper. Very sad news.

Coach Liz said...

Of course my unfit relatives had to tell me of the deaths during the marathon and gave me stern warnings that I was endangering my life.

No mater what the circumstances are, it is still very sad for the families. It looks like you had a fun time.

B.o.B. said...

Yes, it's very sad.

I am glad you all had a good time and hope the upcoming season is fun for you. Somehow, I know that you always have fun. ;)

TGIF!

 
;