Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Running with Scissors


Okay, I wasn’t really running with scissors but I was running outside in shorts! That’s right, I said shorts.
It was cold enough for long pants but the sun was out and the other kids were wearing shorts………….
I was finally able to run with the Tuesday evening group since we weren’t belting pelted with frozen pellets of precipitation or the recipients of numerous inches of snow.
It’s funny how the group has evolved into two groups. One being the ‘fast, always training for a race’ group and the other being the standard ‘I’m drinking when this run is over’ group. As you may have already figured out, I run with the latter group.
Now that a few of my injuries have subsided and allow me to run on consecutive days, I’m finding that my legs and respiratory system aren’t talking to each other. The legs are fresh and haven’t been used a lot this past winter, so they’re ready to go. The lungs and heart on the other hand are in no condition to go fast. I found myself in the middle of the pack, slowing dropping further and further back. This turned out to be a good thing, because I was able to really focus on my running stride. The other good thing is that I was outside running in shorts with the other kids……..
That’s my story and I sticking to it!
The other great thing about the Tuesday group is I make the route maps, so I know all of the shortcuts. I would never want to be the last runner to get back to the bar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, shorts!
I can't believe the crazy weather you guys have been having!
Not much longer...I need to get on the ball...I have been in a funk the last 2 weeks.

Al Durham said...

Yeah for shorts! The only problem is that the puddles are to cold to run through still and a little cold on the bare legs.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I'll drink to running outside with shorts.

Sonia said...

SPRING IS HERE!
SPRING IS HERE!

Hope you ran outside today! It was just freakin gorgeous!

CoachLiz said...

Spring is here!!!

Nice thing about Texas is that when I ran in my shorts today, my legs were not fish-belly white, HA!

I had the TNT top on as well...GO TEAM!!!

 
;