Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Of Mice and Men


A new study has shown that 1 in 8 baby boomers will develop Alzheimer’s disease. This has always been a fear of mine to go out for a morning run and never come back, ala Forrest Gump!
I guess the good news out of this latest discovery is that regular exercise has been shown to prevent the disease from developing in mice. Damn lucky mice…..
If I doomed to Alzheimer’s, am I accelerating the process by killing off brains cells with the beers that I consume after exercise?
I have taken a few days off from running to give my knee some time to get back to almost normal. It’s a vicious cycle to run on it to the point of discomfort and then rest it back to almost normal., then run on it…………
I’ve finally completed my NCAA March Madness picks on Running Jayhawks Charitable Brackets and I have Tennessee winning the tournament. Now it’s not like I have any inside information or even keep up with the college game. It was just a matter of picking and choosing and Tennessee came out on top.
Since we only have Michigan State form the high-five state in the tourney, I couldn’t go with my heart pass the second round.
Go Vols!

0 comments:

 
;