Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three Thangs Friday Eve

This week is flying by and I'm not sure why???

1) I sustained an OUCHIE on Saturday's group run. My jock strap wasn't fitting right and I have a gash of missing skin in the area between the buttocks and the other stuff........... I've tried running a couple of times since but it ain't pretty. Now I see why cowboys don't run!

2) One of my running friends was picked in the NYC marathon lottery and now he's trying to get a crew to go with him. Didn't we just talk about how expensive racing has gotten? Although I did receive an email from a gentleman inquiring about exchanging homes with other runners in different cities worldwide. I think he's from Nigeria????

3) I'm beginning to think that we may not see any sub-zero run days this winter (sad face). How can you toughen up these newbies without a crazy cold day????

Peace.......

8 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Oh, nothing worse than "scuffed junk" owie!

Hey wait until March for the craptastic weather to arrive...LOL

Jen Feeny said...

You hush your mouth sir! This crazy weather has made my return to running so much easier and I am thankful for every day of sun and mild temps we've had!!!!!!! Besides, everyone knows we train in nasty cold over the winter only to sweat to death in spring races...

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

OUCHIE??? hehehe..

Thanks for calling out my little typo this morning..if I could run an entire marathon in 8:18 I think I would be not be working my Big Girl job.

Unknown said...

ummm..ouch

Marlene said...

Diaper rash cream will help!!! I always slather it on my "ouchies" and they heal up super quick.

o2bhiking said...

Gosh I hate it when that happens!

I recently sent $5,000 to a Nigerian runner. In return, he said I can stay at his place for free anytime I do a race in Nigeria.

Anne said...

Oh my, that has to hurt. Bacitracin, Ken. Works wonders.

Rose (Hacker Half Marathon) said...

I agree with the weather - you have to run one nasty winter to appreciate this one! And no, I wasn't at a baby shower for Kristy last weekend, it was for my cousin :)

By any chance are you or any of your runners doing the Let's Move Festival of Races in Mt Clemens in April?

 
;