Wednesday, November 26, 2008

RAK

Random act of kindness. Typically I try to give everyone I encounter a smile, especially if I don't know them. I'm the guy that will say hello to you as we cross paths.

I think in some small way I might brighten someones day. That's my story and I;m sticking to it.

Well today was packet pickup for our local Thanksgiving day Turkey Trot and one of my co-workers (pregnant) was picking up packets for her husband and a friend. It's probably a 1/2 mile walk from walk and I knew it would be a little tough for her. So I volunteered to pickup her packets. The look of astonishment on her face was as if she had won the lottery.

I was glad to do a small gesture to help out another person.

So get out and perform a RAK!

Happy Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love giving RAK's. It makes me feel good too. Nice job my friend!

Sonia said...

We need more people like you and me in the world!

I was in the women's washroom today and an older woman was struggeling top put her purse over her shoulder (the hoodie of her winter coat was in the way) so I asked her if she needed help and she was all happy that I offered. Small things small things...

Anonymous said...

just wanted to drop by and say hello...i have been keeping up with your blog but just haven't commented in a while. happy thanksgiving!

Jess said...

Very kind of you to do that for her!

Marlene said...

That's awesome - you have inspired me to make an effort to make at least one RAK today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

L*I*S*A said...

Happy Turkey Day!

Marcy said...

What? Flipping random people off isn't nice? :P

 
;