Monday, April 7, 2008

I Heart Heat


I had another great run today in the sunshine and 70º temps. SoloRunningChick mentioned that my mojo was hidden in the colder weather, maybe she’s right. I do love to run in the summer heat.
I failed to mention that we had our 20/13 miler for my TNT spring team and these guys kicked some a$$! As much I preached LSD these guys ran close to marathon pace. I am so proud of all of them. Nashville and Vancouver had better watch out, these runners are race ready.
Sandy completed in want is becoming a bigger local race called the Martian Marathon and Half. In the past this was a training run for the TNT participants but this year we weren’t invited to attend. My Tuesday evening running club had a strong presence and a couple of them placed first in their age groups. Sandy ran 1:54 with one potty break for the ½ marathon. I slept in and enjoyed my one day of rest on the weekend. Why is it we wake up earlier on the weekend than during ht week, just to take advantage of the entire day?
I have to give a BIG shout out to RunningJayhawk and her Kansas University basketball team. They’re playing for the NCAA championship tonight. If you hadn’t noticed my NCAA bracket was busted sooo long ago that I kept quiet about it.
Time to watch some college basketball………….

1 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm the same way. Looovvee to run in the heat (as long as there isn't much humidity) Dang I need to move to AZ or something because these winter months up here kill me with the running LOL

 
;