Monday, June 20, 2011

Tired Legs...........

Even though I know it isn't possible to contract 'tired legs' from other runners, it appears that it's something that is going around!

I kid you not, although I haven't hit with it yet quite a few runners around these parts have.

Sandy and I went out for a gorgeous Sunday morning run and she knew from the beginning that her legs were shot from Saturday.

Another runner friend we know had a craptastic long run this weekend and an ultra runner said the same thing.

Do you play any mind games when you run with a group? I was running with some of my TNT alumni and just for fun threw in some surges to see who would take the bait....... Of course they were on to my game and stayed at their pace but it has worked in the past.

Had a great Father's Day and even scored a gift card from a place other than a running store!

Sandy had her first encounter with poison ivy this season and I've been bitten by something other than a mosquito, it's been itching for three days now????

Okay, time to get this work week started......................

Peace

3 comments:

Still Running said...

I had a great 5k on Saturday and the worst ever long run on Sunday. Planned 13 miles, but put it out of its misery at 10. Maybe it is a virus.

Then I see that the Word Verification for this comment is "usisi". I guess I am.

B.o.B. said...

I usually can't pace for crap so no one ever tries to stay with me or lag behind with me. I'm a freakin' yo yo.

Happy Father's Day enjoy that gift card at Beef Jerkey Outlet!

Evolving Through Running said...

Hope you don't catch the tired legs bug. Maybe it's like yawning - hard not to yawn with others around you start doing it. Don't give in to the temptation.

Haven't had my annual poison ivy encounter yet this year ... but it's coming. Serves me right for weeding in shortsleeves. I do it every year.

 
;