Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday's Wisdom

After watching the first fifteen minutes of Season 8 of the Biggest Losers, these people have lost their minds!

Who, in their right minds have 16 obese individuals run a competitive one mile race?

The producers are raising the bar each season but this was like watching a car wreck!

Don't get me wrong, I love the show and will continue to watch it but this made me squirm.

Even when we have our first group training run for TNT, we monitor each individual for physical signs that they may be in trouble.

Okay, I got that off my chest and now who will win this season????

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Agreed. I still can't get over the fact that they made them complete a MARATHON last season. They're lucky nobody died.

Lily on the Road said...

Gah, I hate those shows, bleck...you are right, it is like whatching a train wreck...hence, I don't watch.

B.o.B. said...

I can't say I have ever watched one episode. You are not selling me on it my friend.

Oz Runner said...

i wonder if they had already done their physical screening prior to the one miler...love the show...

Jess said...

I've never seen the show.

Coach Liz said...

Well, these contestants need to know that fitness is not easy, but damn, that is like asking a homeless person to walk into an office building and work a temp job for a day. I am not really sure if these contestants are given the proper tools to help them achieve their goals.

My sister-in-law was a contestant on this show a few years back and she has gained back all of the weight. She knew how to function at the ranch when someone was standing over her and there were no distractions but she was not given the tools or strategies to maintain the weight loss on her own after she got back to her real life.

 
;