Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

Ah Summer.............

I love the hot weather and sunshine but not on my morning run!

We were hit with a heatwave and I chose to sleep in each morning of the weekend. Didn't Runner's World magazine say we needed more sleep?

So I guess it was fortunate for me because it kept my mileage down to a reasonable few miles. I am actually actively treating my piriformis. It is getting better and I'm increasing my miles very conservatively. Wow, a three mile long run is on the schedule pretty soon!

I got on the bike to make it seem like I was a weekend warrior and encountered a few drivers that didn't appreciate me getting in my cardiovascular workout on 'their' road! I was tempted to follow one driver that thought I was number one, with his finger gesture.

I went through four(4) 20 oz. fluid bottles in two hours. I can't even do that with my favorite BEvERage!

I have to make a decision about traveling to Flint for the Crim 10 mile race on Saturday, knowing that I can't race it but I am registered. That's a long way to go to pick up a T-shirt.....

Okay, time to do my hundred pushups............ just kidding, it's 'Miller time'.

Have fun out there.

5 comments:

o2bhiking said...

What's a heat wave for you guys? 78? :)

I went for a nice long hike yesterday, 6 miles, in the 92 or so degree heat. I made the mistake of taking one liter of water - and I am both old enough and experienced enough to know better - and felt really dehydrated by the end.

Jess said...

We always need more sleep!

Anne said...

Have you been using the tennis ball method to help massage your piraformis? Worked wonders for me!

I remember The Crim from my early race days. It's a classic, for sure. Can someone pick up your T-shirt for you?

B.o.B. said...

Stupid heatwave is all over the place. It was a bit cooler here yesterday. If you think 90 is cool! Glad you are taking it easy. Perhaps you could go to the race and volunteer? I always find that fun.

Marlene said...

This weather sucks.

 
;