Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday's Why

Why can't teenagers just listen to the wisdom that is bestowed upon them?

I'm trying to get Sandy's son to tryout for his high school Cross Country team in his freshman year and getting the normal teen aged response, " I don't like........................"

I'm not even sure if we had a Cross Country team when I was in high school. I do remember there was a track because we skipped classes behind it!

How can I convince him of the social and physical benefits of joining a team?

Oh to be young again..........

3 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Youth is wasted on the young, Ken!

B.o.B. said...

I'll take old and smart versus young and dumb any day of the week.;)

Lily on the Road said...

does he already run, is he involved with sports at all? Is this coming out of the blue? You can't force him but you can encourage him.

Or just outright ground him and take away the car keys...LOL, just kidding.

It maybe something he needs to "discover" on his own. I.E. group acceptance, girls, better grades...you and Sandy know him better than me, you'll find his "hot" buttons....good luck.

 
;