Friday, August 28, 2009

T.G.I.Fun

I'm trying to put the FUN back into my running.

I purposely went out and ran with a group from work that was slower than me and only going a few miles. I wanted to enjoy the company and the slower pace. It was a blast.

I think with the many injuries and watching other runners get in their long runs and talk about their really fast times at races, I was getting ready for another pity party for Ken.

Well not this time, because I am SMRT smart!

I've also added yoga to my training routine. I do about 4 -5 minutes a day! At this rate, I should be a yogi in a few weeks.

Everyone have a great weekend and remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

That sounds like a really good idea. Even if no injury issues, doing a slower run every week or so seems smart, especially if it is with friends you don't see much.

Marlene said...

4-5 mins is certainly better than nothing. I stretch for 2 minutes on a good day! Oops!

Yay for fun running. :)

Have a great weekend!

 
;