Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lazy Bones

I have been truly lazy about posting my activities to this blog, so I'll give you a Reader's Digest version of what's been happening.

  • Completed the Make-A-Wish 300 mile bike (three centuries in three days)!
  • Continuing to run at least one mile a day(208 days)!
  • Left hamstring is still bothering me when running(22 days)!
  • Still waiting on summer-like weather in the high-five state!
I can honestly say that anyone training or doing an Ironman is totally out of their freaking mind! After cycling for over one hundred miles, I ran the ugliest mile of my life. I'm sure anyone that saw me running surely thought that I was on 'crack'! How do you tri-geeks do it?

Note to self, next year train for three consecutive century rides! Oh the pain!

I know that resting my body would be great for my hamstring but aren't we all a little off when it comes to exercise? I've been icing, stretching and even using my Traumeel on a regular basis. I think I did more damage a few weeks back when I attempted to do speedwork. I know, just call me 'Stupid'.................

Okay, thats it for now. Now where did I put my ice bag????????????

3 comments:

Anne said...

After reading about all that cycling and your running streak, I'm not sure Lazy Bones is an appropriate title for that post. (Though I get what you mean.)

Kim said...

Wow! You've been busy, no wonder you're feeling like not blogging. Congrats on your bike ride, that's awesome.

Jess said...

I agree with the others: I don't think "lazy" is a part of your vocab, Ken!

 
;