Friday, July 10, 2009

It was a Good DAy

NOT! I had a terrible run today at lunch. I went out with a co-worker and we were smacked in the face with hot humid stagnant air!

Now this normally isn't a problem that slowing down can't get me through but my left hamstring started yelling at me five minutes into the run.....

I always use the analogy of an old car when referring to my body.

If you've ever owned a clunker, you can relate. Once you fix one part, another part starts to fall apart.

My knees are actually feeling great, so now the hamstring wants some of my attention........

Oh to have one of those sleek 2009 bodies that they show off on the cover of Runner's World or Running Times.

Wouldn't it be great to see a mature looking runner with salt stains on their face and that deer in the headlights look in their eyes after a tough race on the cover one day????

Everyone have a great weekend and the first BEvERage is on me!

5 comments:

B.o.B. said...

that would be great if they showed actual runners instead of models!

Marlene said...

Also not a fan of the "models" on the covers. Whatever, we're HOT!

Lily on the Road said...

Hey, I'd glady "pose" with my cellulite stricken and scarred up body, do you think they'd appreciate that? LOL.

Enjoy your BEvERages! oh and your weekend too!

Jess said...

I think they get frequent complaints about the models they feature on the cover. But, they have to sell magazines too, and let's face it, good looking cover people sell!

Coach Liz said...

Yeah, it is hot and humid here too. I need a BEvERage bad. I put on a kid's triathlon this morning and I had a father rip me a new asshole in front of kids, parents, and volunteers because he did not think that the we timed the kids coming across the mat was good enough and his kid did not win a trophy.

My husband witnessed all of this and told me my volunteering days were over. That included TNT. Sob!
Please drink one for me.

 
;