Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Your Chance to be a Race Director

I received an email and this was one of the tidbits in it. If you could be a race director for one of the races in your area, what would you different to put your signature on it?

Would you alter the course? Change the T-shirt design? Get rid of the expo?

I've got the ice machine working overtime, as I ice everything on my lower half (okay, almost everything)!

I'll refrain from any hard workouts for a few days and hope that these nagging little aches go away.

I read an article about runners that have consecutive day streaks and the leader has been doing it for over thirty-five years. I don't think I'll get close to him.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Thirty-five years! I don't think I could do thirty-five days.

Jess said...

I would make more race shirts in true "smalls." Almost every race shirt I get is gigantic on me, and I never get the chance to wear them.

Lily on the Road said...

Glad to hear you're not icing "everthing", that made me LOL!

Take it easy and we can split a BEvERage...

Carly said...

At this point I am happy to have a 2 day running streak!

Hmmmm, I am not sure what I would do if I was a running director for a day. I know I allow for transfers of bib numbers..(I might still be a little bitter from my lottery rejection)

Pat said...

I'd have a short cut in my races that you pay extra for. It would raise more money for the charity and be fun for the runners. It's like buying mulligans at a golf tournament.

CoachLiz said...

I second Jess on the request for more small and extra small shirts!

 
;