Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh Happy Day

I am no longer the last back of the pack slowest oldest runner with my Tuesday running/drinking group!

No, I’m not running any faster, we just picked up a couple of slower runners.

We ran through the longest Winter I can remember here in the high five state, so you would think warm weather would be a blessing. Well not if you go from running in a long-sleeved Tee to going shirtless in one day?
Fortunately, we ran through on of the oldest cemeteries in the Detroit area. Now I normally don’t like running in circles but this run was different, the trees were in bloom and the grass even looked greener than normal. Don’t you just love spring?
Another positive was that the old body held up without any pain, oh happy day!
Needless to say after the run we partook in cold, glorious adult BEvERages.

Maybe I’ll get a chance to get on the bike if this heat wave continues.

8 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Glad you had a pain free run! And yes, BEvERages are mandatory!!

One of our younger runs thought we (the older runners) may be too tired after the Marathon, I said, if I've just finished 42 freeeking K, I'm going for a beer (or 2)....topic closed, discussions began as to which watering hole we will be patronising

You gotta love seniority!!!

Marcy said...

You get that drink on! LOL

CoachLiz said...

Thumbs up for pain free runs.

Can you coach me to run a sub 4 hour marathon???

TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL....CoachLiz, first you have to run in cold winter weather.....

Kim said...

youre the best looker runner out there!!! now get drinking!

TWRunner said...

We get to wear a long sleeve t-shirt pre-race down in Texas. Must count for something?

Had our TNT San Antonio Marathon Kick-Off Party last night. Can't believe the marathon season is upon us.

Al Durham said...

Good run = good drinks.

Jeff said...

Hey, Ken, congrats on recruiting some slower runners!

Just re-found your blog -- I know I've been her before, but just saw you on Coachliz's blogroll and clicked on over.

 
;