Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Lifetime Fee

I just received a very interesting email offer. How would you like to have a lifetime entry into a marathon? The race is guaranteeing a lifetime of racing for a one-time fee. Now of course that is the lifetime of the race first and foremost and then your life expectancy. The price is based on breaking even after five years. Here’s the link to the race: www.grandrapidsmarathon.com

This got me to thinking about what else would I pay a one-time fee for a lifetime? Chrysler is paying $2.99/ gal of gas for customers that purchase their cars during a specific time. Would you have purchase a lifetime of gasoline a few years back for say, $2.00/gal, even when we were well under that price?

How about those lifetime memberships to Vic Tanny, did any of you get in on that deal?

How about running shoes for life, but you have to stay with the same brand and model?

Since the team is tapering, so is the coach. I’ll get in a few short runs but nothing worth mentioning, I love tapering.

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey that's pretty cool if you love that marathon. Why not? I'd do it :-)

Lily on the Road said...

I remember Vic Tanny's ~ man that's a loooonnnggg time ago!

Enjoy your taper! You deserve it...

Libbie said...

Chris and I still have our Bally's memberships and seven years later, we're still burning up the treadmills and splashing in the pool! I've been thinking about that Grand Rapids thing but then again, how many marathons am I planning to run?!

L*I*S*A said...

I got the same mailing...hmmmm....

Al Durham said...

Coachs's get to taper? What plan are you on?

That would be great to get to have a lifetime entry to the Detroit Marathon or one of the DWD Ultras.

Runner Leana said...

A lifetime entry to one marathon. I think I'd be hard pressed to want to run the same marathon year after year. I'm all about trying something new!

Marci said...

Hi Ken, great blog and interesting post. Lifetime entry is a great idea, but with so many great races, it would be hard to limit myself to a certain marathon every year. This is great for a local that doesn't want to travel.

 
;