Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh, Da Pain


"Fat, dumb and drunk is no way to go through life..."

I’m beginning to think I can live with this look. I am incapable to using the lower half of my body. It hurts to walk! I’m too old for this. I hate exercise! Okay, this is what put me in this predicament.



Tuesday was another session of EXTREME Body Sculpt, which I thought went pretty good. I have to remember to leave my ego in the locker. We did Prisoner Squats, ran up ramps, side lunges and the obligatory pushups. Of course, I have to be one of the faster, stronger participants. These are all performed as one set, so this means repeating the process three times.

Since its Tuesday, I have to go run with the Downtown Runners that evening. Are endorphins the chemical that makes you think you can do anything? On a normal day after the run, I would ice any parts that were aching but since we partake in BEvERages after the run……
Wednesday, and I can walk but not like real walking. The more I move the better it’s starting to feel. What form of exercise should I indulge in today? Hey, there’s a Spinning class over there, let’s join in and get the legs really moving. Forty-five minutes later and I can’t walk up stairs. Once again, I’m not the smartest person in the world, those damn endorphins.
Did I mention a track workout with TNT?

5 comments:

Sonia said...

That extrement body sculpt class sounds insane! I think I need this, this lack of mileage is hurting me in the weight department! I hate not being able to run!! My BMI says I'm FAT... again!

CoachLiz said...

Is that a beach ball under that guy's shirt or is it his belly??!!??

Lily on the Road said...

Oh that poor man...sad really,

Ken you're cracking me up....cut out the coffee LOL!!!

I'm all in for the BEvERages though..have a great weekend..

Anonymous said...

Geeze, that class sounds like it's made of crazycakes! I commend you (and am sending lots of virtual ice for the resultant aches - and for keeping the BEvERages cold ;)

Jenniferlyn said...

That guy is just tired from all of the core work he has been doing. He went well beyond the 6-pack look that is - and I think that we can all agree here - so overrated. He went straight to the kegger! Daaaaang man!

Good job on all the workouts Ken!

 
;