Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Runner from Hell

Okay, now that I’m running in circles at work during my lunch, I have to play mind games to keep going. I can’t just run for endless amounts of time without going crazy!
So I’m the runner that gets right behind you and runs your pace, so I don’t have to think about running in circles. Most people think I’m trying to pass them so I’m constantly saying, ‘you’re okay’. This is a polite way of saying, ‘I just want to run your pace and not have to think while I just want to run behind you’.
This has been known to irritate some runners, so you have to be selective and not do it for very long periods of time.
I’m also that runner that runs at three thousand varied speeds. I run the straight-away faster than I run the turns. I try to run tangents when I’m running the turns.
I put way too much thought into this running in circles thing as you can tell.
So, I’ll probably be banned from the running track in the next few days and hopefully Old Man Winter will be cooperating by then. I’ll see you on lap 374!

5 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

I know what you mean by following people and keepiing their pace. When I started running my wife told me to find someone ahead of me and gradually catch up to them, and if they are going at a good constant pace to stay with them. I asked her what if she is a cute good looking lady. Her reply was that is fine, just don't catch her or I am in the BIG dog house. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sonia said...

You're on your way to get sucker punched!! hahaha will the weather ever come back to normal?! I'm sitting in my warm apt. now contemplating my first run post bronchitis.... but its so cold!!!!!!!!!!! rahhhhhh

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sonia, that's why I said be selective! It's not as much fun running in the cold and dark!

L*I*S*A said...

I'd let you draft off me anytime. :) Of course, if you went my pace, you'd get a nice break!

P.O.M. said...

My prob with running in circles is I lose count. ha ha.

 
;