Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Now I know how that injured old wildebeest must feel when the rest of the herd runs off and leaves him at the mercy of the lions. That’s exactly how I felt at our Tuesday evening run.
I started out with the group and knew right away that I wasn’t having a good run. I was having difficulty getting my breath and we were just starting! It wasn’t that elephant on your chest difficulty but not being able to get enough air to run. I hope that it’s just the onset of a cold.
So here I am galloping along like the poor isolated wildebeest, waiting for my fate to be sealed by the pride of lions. I probably even looked really bad, and not the Michael Jackson kind. So when you see that runners that look like they’ve forgotten how to run, take pity on them. It only seems like a few races ago that I was that young agile impala bouncing along with the herd.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I hope its not the nasty cold I'm having. Take care!!

Libbie said...

Tuesday night's run was miserable for everyone! I don't know why we didn't all just turn around and grab some beers instead. I hope you're feeling better!

 
;