Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh My Aching Head


I’m writing my elected officials and proposing the day after the Superbowl be a state holiday!

If I was a betting man and had the money, I would have bet the house on the Patriots winning Superbowl XLII. That’s’ why I wasn’t too devastated when the Packers lost to the Giants. I was sure that they were just playing for second place.

But as someone said long time ago, “that’s why they play the game”.

That could have been Brett Favre throwing touchdowns instead of Eli Manning. Like most football fans, I was shocked from the outcome. I’m paying for my celebrating the last football game of the 2007/2008 season on a school night and that’s why we need the holiday.
Fortunately, today is a day of rest from any real physical exertion on my part. We’re suppose to get some really warm weather tomorrow, so I’ll have to get outside and put in some miles but until then, I headed for the confines of the nice warm blankets.

Go Packers

2 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Ah the football game - it must have been a great party if you want a day off today! I really only watch for the commercials, but the end of the game was pretty intense. It made up for the other rather boring 3/4 of the game.

Sonia said...

now, if you pull that one off, lots of people will be grateful!!! Good luck!

 
;