Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Ironman


Streaks, what are they good for? Absolutely nothing!
The streak is over! Even though it was something that I didn’t set out to try and set, I had done some form of exercise each day for 2008. Now I’m not an advocate of streaks mainly because they tend to take on a life of their own and typically the individual becomes a victim of the streak.
I’m sure each of us had heard or read about people that have run every day for the last ten years and how they kept the streak alive. In order to accomplish these feats, the person has to make a few sacrifices along the way. They may have to exercise while their body is battling an illness or get in a run while their wife is giving birth!
It wasn’t anything unusual or an illness that ended my streak. I just had a Forrest Gump moment when I decided to just stop. I did absolutely nothing today and enjoyed it. So I have a big goose egg in the calendar for Sunday, February 17, 2008 and I’m glad.
Okay now to start my next one.

0 comments:

 
;