Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday's Why???????

This is a pretty simple question today. Why, do you do it?

I work in the IT industry but I'm not what I would consider a geek. My answer to any computer problem is, 'turn it off and turn it back on'.

But most of the guys I work with are the types that go home and reconfigure their hard-drive or switch out the Motherboard in the PC that they built from scratch!!!!

So I'm always questioning why they do what they do, but so many times I forget that they're probably wondering why I go out and run intervals on the track in 80º evenings or wake up at the butt-crack of dawn to get in a long run on the weekends.

Are you running from Father Time???

Do you want to be able to eat that Twinkie??

Are you looking a the 2012 Summer Olympics????

Why??????

5 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

That's a hard question!

I'm going to go and have some more coffee and a twinkie and I'll brb (that's geek speak for be right back) LOL...

Joanna said...

Running is my "ME" time, away from work, away from parenting duties, away from cleaning my house. But I think what gets me is that whether you achieve your goals in running is a matter of black & white. Numbers, hard numbers, on race results. I love the challenge, and I love that I don't have a boss looking over my shoulder about it.

Anne said...

This sounds like the mother of all Wednesday Whys.

Marlene said...

I do it for the finish line!

B.o.B. said...

1. I love bread and cake and ice cream.

2. Stress relief.

3. Because I do what I want!

:)

 
;