Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday's WTF?????

How could I hurt myself running the warm-up before a speed work session?????

That's right, I felt a pull/knot in my left hamstring while warming up! Stupid hamstring...................

We were doing 1/2 mile repeats and of course I tried to run but after the first 1/2 mile, I knew my evening was over.........(sigh) How could this happen???????

Okay, so maybe I'm not ready for two-a-days, since I went out at lunch and ran a few easy miles!

Okay, so maybe I increased my mileage a little bit, since I logged 136 miles in the month of May!

Okay, so maybe I stopped going to the gym and doing my leg strengthening exercises.

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't be trying to run sub-seven minute intervals just yet.

Yeah, I don't have a clue as to what could be the problem.........


6 comments:

Joanna said...

ah, the life of the runner. :) sorry about the injury, but somehow it's still inspiring the way you talk about it. 136 miles in may--awesome!

Marlene said...

Okay so maybe you know the answer to "WHY?" ... hope it feels better soon! Go steady!

Run Jess Run said...

Eek!!! Take care of that hammy!

o2bhiking said...

I feel your pain, big guy! I think I got a minor calf muscle tear Sunday. Going to a sports med doc tomorrow for assessment and advice, with my half marathon just 3.5 weeks away. :o( Get well. Art

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Boooooooo, hope the hammy feels better soon!

Lily on the Road said...

see, you'd never get injured if you just stuck to lifting adult BEvERages....

get better soon!

 
;