Friday, June 5, 2009

The Week That Was............

This has been a strange but enjoyable week.

There was a Birf-Day and it was first full week of employment with Micro Focus.

So if any of you Bloggers have mainframe computers in your basement, just in case of Armageddon, go out and purchase some of our stuff. Just kidding, wait for a few weeks....

The track workouts are getting bigger with more people coming to 'learn' how to run. It's great to see people run an entire laps of the track when they say they can't!

I'm beginning to really hate the phrase "I can't".

I also had a few co-workers approach me and ask about having a weekly group run at work to improve their running skills! Is this stuff contagious or what?

I guess it really is possible to pay it forward in so many ways...

Okay, lastly I was embarrassed at work about my duties as a citizen of this earth. I have a co-worker that recycles all of her stuff at work and takes it home on a weekly basis! Who knew you were suppose to recycle at work????

Do you know that you can wash those plastic utensils and use them another time????

Is this a great country or what?

So now I 'll be lugging home trash from work to recycle.........

Just kidding Recycle Queen......

Yay for the weekend, we have a twenty miler to do( not me but the team)......

3 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

I'm embarrassed to say I lug stuff home from work to put in the recycle bin....too bad it is not some of my lazy co-workers...they don't recycle too well, their wives have tried that already!

Don't hate me for being me! LOL

Jess said...

Thankfully, my campus is striving to be more eco-friendly, so I rarely have to bring things home to recycle, but I used to save my water bottles, or whatever, to bring hom and recycle! Good for your co-worker for setting a good example.

CoachLiz said...

Sometimes you just cannot recycle. Where do you put those dead light bulbs? Recycling AA batteries that I use for the microphone at work is a pain and they are piling up in my house. Dead lamps and small appliances. What do you do with them?

 
;