Friday, September 19, 2008

TGI Finally

Thank God I Finally had a good run!

After two consecutive days of crappy runs, I was able to get out and feel like a runner. Tuesday and Wednesday, I was the weak and injured Wildebeest waiting for the lions to pounce on me.

This morning I was like a impala bounding through the streets of Detroit.

Okay, it wasn’t that graceful or fast but I didn’t feel like I had a third leg dragging behind me.

I just got notification that my Team in Training season is just around the corner. (Yay)

It seems like forever since I’ve had a team to train. Now I have to create training schedules and think of creative ways to get the team across the finish line. I’m thinking of a few runner assessments on the track during the beginning weeks and even a marathon simulation run.

This is the best training season because we have twenty-five weeks to train, even if the weather doesn’t always cooperate.

Good luck to a few TNT alumni that are participating in a fifty-mile trail run this weekend. Those folks are crazy.



5 comments:

Marcy said...

What? You're not going to join them? Come on now! :P

tfh said...

Glad you had a good run! Love the animal imagery. :)

Jess said...

Great to hear you had a good run! I swear, the crappy ones exist solely so we can fully appreciate the good ones.

L*I*S*A said...

Gotta love a good run. :)

Marlene said...

Yahoo for a good run! A crappy run is bad enough, let alone two in a row.

 
;