Friday, December 7, 2007

Things I learned today

Never workout with Physical Therapist Girl. Ouch!

I talked myself into doing a leg workout with PT-Girl today.

Now normally when I workout in the gym, I’m the social type. I enjoy chatting between my sets and ensuring that everyone around is enjoying themselves.

Well my training partner for today didn’t subscribe to that theory.

PT-Girl kicked my butt!

Here’s the routine we completed:

• Leg Press – 4 sets (90 lbs x 20, 180 lbs x 20, 270 lbs x 15, 180 lbs x 20)
• Walking Lunges/Hamstring Curls (superset) – 4 sets (lunges w/50 lbs) Curls 70 lbs x 20
• Leg Extension – 6 sets (two legs x 2, one leg x 2, two legs up/one leg down x 2)
• Squats – Pyramid down from 15 reps until 1 rep (fortunately we did this without any weight)

I’m sure that there were probably about a thousand other exercises PT-Girl could have come up with but time was my savior. All of this took approximately 40 minutes and most of that time was spent with me trying to hide or get water.

Now I’m just hoping that I am able to walk, let alone run!

0 comments:

 
;