Saturday, December 29, 2007

Football Frenzy

Tonight the New England Patriots will be trying to achieve regular season perfection in the NFL. This is such a big event that the game will be televised on two major networks, as well as the NFL Network on cable. Now I’m as big a football fan as the next obsessive guy (Go Packers), but three stations carrying a regular season game!

I’ve always wanted to see the television networks give better coverage to running road races. How can you televise a marathon in thirty minutes? Now I realize that most of the viewing public want to see the elite runners and who wins the events but wouldn’t it be nice to see some of us middle of the pack runners? I love seeing the human interest stories of the runner that overcame some sort of obstacle or encountered an event on their life that pushed them to the limit.

Okay, time to go in the basement and get on the trainer. This daily blogging is going to be interesting!

1 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I completely agree about the 'average' runner who overcomes major obstacles in life to achieve a personal goal. That's what it's all about. :)

Of course, I don't think there is such a thing as 'average', either.

 
;