Thursday, August 9, 2012

TTT

1) This morning's run was very eventful. For the first time in my running career I saw roadkill that wasn't yet dead! Ewwwwwwww..... This poor squirrel had been run over just in his or her hind side and wasn't able to move but it was still alive and looking up. It scared the $hit out of me.....

2) With these early morning runs, I'm finding it difficult to ice the achy body parts because of my work commitment! It was so much easier when I ran in the evening......

3) I can't even imagine the amount of Kinesio tape that is being used at the Olympics! Those athletes are competing with God knows how many strains and tears and other assorted injuries.....

6 comments:

Evolving Through Running said...

Yuck - I've come across some road not-quite-kill in the past and it's not pretty, and hard to put out of your mind.

Kathy said...

Ugh, hate that. Always wonder if I should go back for my car and ... ya know, take care of business.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

I'm sitting here laughing my ass off. I know it's not funny seeing a half dead animal. Seeing you scared is making me laugh. Hahahaaaa!!! Also that work thing tends to get in the way. If I ran after work this week, I'd be running at 8pm and starving.

o2bhiking said...

Poor squirrel. I once had the finish off a ground hog that the car ahead of me hit. Not fun, pretty awful actually.

Not to mention broken fibula's!

Anonymous said...

Did you shreek like a school girl? lol sorry, had to. Perhaps you can keep an ice pack in the office freezer, lol

Matthew Dean Stewart said...

Greaat read thanks

 
;