Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Feet Again








Well it is Happy Feet time again. I was able to run 5.36 miles today with the help of a few hundred friends.

I ran in the Big Bird 10k today and my knee actually felt okay at points of the race.

I didn’t try and go out racing, so it was different to be really in the back of the pack. I just wanted to get in my ‘long’ run!

This race goes over I-696 twice, which wasn’t usually isn’t an issue but the downhill portion was unforgiving on the knees.

I think I was a little annoying to a few people, since I chatted the entire time I was running.

I even heard the ‘..you have too much energy to be running this slow’!

Of course once I was done my knee grew in size but there wasn’t any sufficient pain.

The other major point is that I even ran on Saturday, so that’s two consecutive days of running.

Yay!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

WOOHOO!!! That is some great news! Must have been over 1h of running =)

I'm so happy for you! Patience does pay off

TNTcoach Ken said...

It wasn’t quite an hour and it felt great to be out there. I have to keep up with you real runners!

 
;